Improving your WordPress SEO is crucial for getting more traffic to your website. Sadly most WordPress SEO guides are too complicated and technical for new users to get started with.
If you want to increase your website traffic, then you should follow the WordPress SEO best practices.
In this article, we will share the top WordPress SEO tips to help you improve your WordPress SEO and get more organic traffic.
WordPress is a popular blogging platform that’s SEO-friendly. This makes it perfect for starting your own blog or website.
WordPress takes care of the code and it follows SEO best practices, but there’s a lot more you need to do in order for your site to rank higher.
To properly optimize your WordPress SEO, there is a multitude of things that you need to do.
To make it easy, we have created a table of contents to help you find what you’re looking for in our Ultimate WordPress SEO Guide.
Table of Contents
- What is SEO?
- Why SEO is important
WordPress SEO Essentials
- Check your site’s visibility settings
- Using SEO friendly URL structure in WordPress
The best WordPress SEO plugin for you.
- Choosing the Best WordPress SEO plugin
- Add XML sitemaps in WordPress
- Add your site to Google Search Console
- Optimizing your blog posts for SEO
- Doing keyword research for your website
WordPress SEO Best Practices
- The right way to use categories and tags in WordPress.
- Develop the habit of internal linking
- Optimize WordPress comments
- Only use NoFollow links on external links in your content
- Use full posts when possible, and summaries (excerpts) for other times
Speed and Security for WordPress
- Improve your site’s speed and performance
- Optimizing images in WordPress for SEO
- Starting to use SSL/HTTPS
Learning about optimizing for WordPress SEO can be intimidating and complicated.
Don’t worry it doesn’t have to be difficult! Start here in order to get the basics, then you’ll know how to apply them on your website as well.
What is SEO
SEO is an acronym for Search Engine Optimization, which is a strategy used by website owners to get more traffic through ranking higher in search engines.
Search engine optimization is not about tricking Google or gaming the system. It’s simply a process of creating a website that has optimized code and formatting, which makes it easy for search engines to locate your site.
Optimizing your content to make it search engine-friendly will increase the likelihood that people will be able to find you when they are searching on Google, Bing, or Yahoo.